- GALLERY: Patrol Ships of NATO are in Bourgas and Varna
- Russian Plane Crashes Near Moscow, Killing all 71 Aboard
- An incident with the Bulgarian Spartan military plane happened, in the course of a training maneuver on the ground at Graf Ignatievo Airport.
- The third 42, 300-ton bulk carrier ordered by Navigation Maritime Bulgare launched in Shanghai
- Russian Su-24 Fencer Jet Crashes Near Hmeymim Airbase In Syria
- Serbia's new MiGs are 28 years old, to enter service in 2018
- Israeli Air Force Held Large-scale Joint Exercise in Bulgaria
- H145M completes first flight with HForce weapon system
- Balkan Spartan 2017 Flying Practice of Military Transport Aviation Taking Place in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Helicopter Joins Fire-fighting Efforts in Montenegro
Israeli and Bulgarian air forces are holding a joint exercise over Bulgaria, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Bulgaria commited MiG-29 fighter aircraft and land-based air defense systems – likely the S-300 system that Iran has just received from Russia, and that Russia has deployed in Syria. 42 Israeli aircraft, including F-15 and F-16 fighters, took part.
The Bulgarian defense ministry said the exercise "will lead to increased interoperability and expansion of military co-operation between the armed forces of Bulgaria and Israel, as well as to the improvement of the preparation of the units of the Bulgarian Air Force."
Israel's army is currently holding its largest drill in 20 years in the north of the country, one that encompass all forces: ground, air, sea and intelligence. Thousands of reserve soldiers are taking part in the exercise, which includes mock terrorist infiltrations, evacuation of Israeli border towns and an attack on Lebanon with the aim of 'vanquishing Hezbollah.'