- Defense Minister Karakachanov Signed the Contracts for the Purchase of Eight F-16s
- Bulgarian Government Has Voted on the New F-16 Fighter Contract
- Report: Graf Ignatievo AFB Air Show
- Ex-Bulgarian Finance Minister Calls Issued Domestic Debt for F-16 ‘Lost Money’
- Canadian soldier killed during parachuting training exercise in Bulgaria
- New $100 million F-35 stealth fighter jets can only fly supersonic for short bursts or it may start to ‘crack’: Pentagon report
- 29th of June : BIG AIR SHOW AT GRAF IGNATIEVO AIRBASE
- Financial problems for the overhaul of the Bulgarian Air Force Su-25s
- Bulgarian Army Day Parade 2019
- Bangladesh plane hijack: Plane forced to make an emergency landing in ‘hijack attempt’ by an armed passenger onboard
Bulgaria’s Council of Ministers Has Approved the Investment Projects for the MiG-29 and Su-25 Repairs
SOFIA, Bulgaria (BulgarianMilitary.com)
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria has approved the investment costs of the projects for the repair of the old Soviet aircraft MiG-29 and Su-25, providing additional BGN 46 million for the first and BGN 82 510 000 million for the Su-25s, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
The investment projects for the MiG-29 and Su-25 repairs today received government approval, in accordance with the Defence and Armed Forces Act, which stipulates that when the value of a project is in excess of BGN 50 million it is approved by the Cabinet, and in excess of BGN 100 million – by the Parliament.
The first project, which has been approved, for the maintenance of the 8 MiG-29 aircraft will be completed by the Russian Aircraft Building Corp RSK MiG, with which the Bulgarian Defence Ministry has signed a framework agreement in March this year, as it is the MiG aircraft manufacturer who holds the certificate for the repair. The budget of the project cannot exceed more than BGN 81 294 416 million (without VAT) and the funds, needed for concluding specific contracts under the framework agreement with the RSK-MiG in 2018, amount to BGN 71 739 959. In this regard, the government today has granted another BGN 46 million for the MoD within this year, additional to the allocated BGN 26 000 000. The project is expected to be realized by the end of 2020.
Read more: Agreement on Maintenance of the Bulgarian MiG-29s Was Signed
Furthermore, the Bulgarian government has approved and the project for the Su-25 overhaul, allocating additionally up to BGN 82 510 000, for the conclusion of specific contracts with the Belarus’ 558 ARP. The procedure envisages to be secured a framework agreement, after that and the specific repair contracts depending on the needs and financial capabilities of the ministry. The funding necessary for the implementation of the project amounts up to BGN 82 510 000 (without VAT).
Read more: Bulgaria is about to Conclude the Deal for the Su-25 Overhaul with the Belarus’ “558 ARP”
The statement of the Bulgarian Ministry of
Read more: Bulgaria Will Pay the First Instalment for Repair of the MiG-29s. The Atlantic Council Disputes the Signed Contract
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence emphasizes that today’s government decisions show that the funds allocated to the three projects for the modernization of the Army for 2018, will not be redirected for the fulfillment of objectives other than enhancing combat capabilities.
Follow us everywhere and at any time. BulgarianMilitary.com has responsive design and you can open the page from any computer, mobile devices or web browsers. For more up-to-date news from us, follow our Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages. Do not miss the chance to subscribe to our newsletter.
Sources: MoD of the Republic of Bulgaria, Mediapool