- 31st Fighter Wing executes Rapid Buzzard exercise with Bulgarian Air Force
- US, Bulgaria participate in bilateral training exercise Rapid Buzzard
- Igor Dodon Reassured President Radev that the Status of Taraclia District Won't Be Affected by the Territorial-Administrative Reform
- Mystery: Bulgarian Citizen Found Dead in Garage of the Chinese Embassy in Brussels
- Thomas Cook has entered liquidation on Sunday
- Bulgarian Air Force MiGs in joint exercise with Romania, Canada
- The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- The US Will Support Bulgaria’s Efforts in its Attempts to Defend its Sovereignty
- British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
The Bulgarian Parliament Approved the F-16`s Purchase, $1,25 Bn Will be Paid Out at Once
SOFIA, (BM) – The Bulgarian Parliament approved today [July 19] the F-16`s purchase for modernization of the Bulgarian Air Force, learned BulgarianMilitary.com.
The purchase`s value is $1,25Bn and the money will be paid out at once.
Read more: ‘Because of the National Security’, Bulgaria Revises Budget to Purchase Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
Last week, the government approved a deal to acquire eight new US F-16 fighter jets for USD 1.25 billion. The Cabinet adopted a report signed by 4 ministers and mandated the defence minister to sign four contracts concerning the purchase of F-16 Block 70 aircraft with additional equipment, ammunition, air-to-air missiles, and a visualisation, monitoring and management system.
Six single-seat and two two-seat F-16s would be delivered by 2023. The price also includes ground equipment and personnel training.
BulgarianMilitary.com recalls that the US Congress has allowed the sale of F-16 fighter aircrafts to our country. It has been approved the buying of a complete package for eight multirole fighter aircrafts. The approved amount has an upper limit of up to BGN 2.9 billion, and the Bulgarian parliament has passed a budget of BGN 1.8 billion including VAT.
“This is a very good package deal. The maximum price announced in the final contract will not be like that and will be relatively lower. This gives a chance for the subsequent purchase of additional armaments, modernization, etc.,“ Gen. Sabi Sabev explained.