- 31st Fighter Wing executes Rapid Buzzard exercise with Bulgarian Air Force
- US, Bulgaria participate in bilateral training exercise Rapid Buzzard
- Igor Dodon Reassured President Radev that the Status of Taraclia District Won't Be Affected by the Territorial-Administrative Reform
- Mystery: Bulgarian Citizen Found Dead in Garage of the Chinese Embassy in Brussels
- Thomas Cook has entered liquidation on Sunday
- Bulgarian Air Force MiGs in joint exercise with Romania, Canada
- The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- The US Will Support Bulgaria’s Efforts in its Attempts to Defend its Sovereignty
- British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
SOFIA, (BM) – The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence has transferred the entire amount of USD 1.2 billion under the international government procurement contracts for the purchase of eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft and associated equipment and weapons, the Ministry of Defence said in a press release.
The transfer was ordered on 8 August by the Ministry of Defence to the Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) on behalf of the Republic of Bulgaria. With this step, the Bulgarian side fulfilled its commitment under the contracts under the project for the acquisition of a new type of fighter aircraft for the Bulgarian Air Force.
With the confirmation by the Agency of USD 1.2 billion received on the account of the Republic of Bulgaria, the contracts enter in force for the U.S. side and their practical implementation begins.