- 31st Fighter Wing executes Rapid Buzzard exercise with Bulgarian Air Force
- US, Bulgaria participate in bilateral training exercise Rapid Buzzard
- Igor Dodon Reassured President Radev that the Status of Taraclia District Won't Be Affected by the Territorial-Administrative Reform
- Mystery: Bulgarian Citizen Found Dead in Garage of the Chinese Embassy in Brussels
- Thomas Cook has entered liquidation on Sunday
- Bulgarian Air Force MiGs in joint exercise with Romania, Canada
- The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- The US Will Support Bulgaria’s Efforts in its Attempts to Defend its Sovereignty
- British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
MiG-29 fighter jets from Graf Ignatievo Air Force Base are taking part in the joint exercise Blue Bridge 2019 along with the Romanian Air Force
and the Royal Canadian Air Force, the Defence Ministry in Sofia said.
The flights are being carried out in Bulgarian and Romanian air space.
The main military air bases being used are Bulgaria’s Graf Ignatievo and the one at Romania’s Mihail Kogălniceanu Airport.
The training objectives of the joint Bulgarian-Romanian-Canadian exercise “Blue Bridge 2019” are to achieve better coordination and interoperability between the air forces of the countries, for joint actions in conducting cross-border operations, control of aviation, control and radar support for the combat use of military equipment and the formations for the protection and defence of the airspace of the Republic of Bulgaria, the Defence Ministry said.
The exercise has been held annually since 2012.
Bulgaria currently is spending about 150 million leva on overhauls of its ageing Soviet-made MiG-29s and Su-25s. The country has signed contracts with the United States for the delivery of eight Lockheed Martin-manufactured F-16 fighter jets, in a deal costing about two billion leva.