- US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November
- Analysis: that is why the Eurofighter Typhoon still has chances in Poland
- U.S. Army Soldiers receives advanced night vision equipment
- The Unknown Warrior
- Su-57 Conducted an Airstrike in Syria (?)
- A Strike in Lufthansa Blocks Flights to and from Germany
- Greek F-16s escort US B-52 bomber
- Greece also Enters the Race for the Volkswagen Plant
- In newly inked deal, F-35 price falls to $78 million a copy
- US Air Force intends to use Russian Mi-24 in exercises
An UAA Ukraine Air Alliance Antonov AN-12 freighter (UR-CAH) performing flight UKL-4050 from Vigo, Spain to Lviv, Ukraine with 7 crew and one passenger, was on approach to Lviv about 7.4nm before the airport when the aircraft disappeared from radar.
The aircraft was subsequently found on the ground about 0.8nm before runway 31 in soil and vegetation, near a soccer stadium and a cemetery, where the crew had attempted an emergency landing due – most likely – to running out of fuel. Five occupants were killed, three occupants were taken to hospitals with injuries.
Ukraine’s State of Emergency Services (SES) reported the aircraft had disappeared from radar at 07:10L (04:10Z) about 13.7km (7.4nm) from the airport. At 07:29L one of the crew members called and reported the aircraft had attempted an emergency landing. At 07:40L the aircraft was located 1.5km (0.8nm) before the runway. An investigation is underway to determine the cause(s). Info via AV Herald. Photos: Igor Zinkevych.