- More than 1000 paradrops from C-27 and C-130 were performed in "Thracian Spring-2017"
- Hellenic Navy participates in NATO Anti-Submarine Warfare Exercise “DYNAMIC MANTA 17”
- Spring Storm 2017 amphibious operations exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgarian Naval Academy "Vaptzarov" photo feature: Annual Conference of Adm. Boyan Mednikarov, ANSYS seminar and visit to the Naval and Auxiliary Vessels Flotilla
- Bulgaria receives responses in fighter contest - GripenC/D,ex-US AF F-16A/B and second hand Italian Eurofighter are on the table
- Bulgarian Government launches tenders for two new ships
- Photo feature: Trident Jaguar 17 Exercise in Bulgaria and Norway
- "Thracian Spring-2017" in Bulgaria
- BGS Priboy returns to Bulgaria after participating in the naval exercise Poseidon 2017 hosted by Romania
- SPRING STORM 17 bilateral Romanian and American exercise
On Monday, February 6, US Land Forces deployed in Europe left Poland with heavy equipment, heading to Romania, the "Mihail Kogalniceanu" Air Base in Constanţa County, as part of the US commitment to ensure the security of the east flank of NATO, within the Atlantic Resolve Operation.
The about 500 US troops from the 1st Battalion, „Fighting Eagles” are equipped with M1 Abrams tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Paladin howitzers. They will carry out shooting exercises at the Secondary Center for Combat Training Smârdan and will participate in the multinational exercises planned to take place over the year together with Romanian Land Forces from the 284th Tanks Battalion "Cuza Vodă" and the 300th Mechanized Infantry Battalion "Sfântul Andrei".
The US unit to arrive in Romania is part of the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team that deployed about 3,500 soldiers and 2,800 pieces of equipment from Fort Carson, Colorado to Bremerhaven, Germany, at the beginning of January this year. The unit will be stationed in Romania for about nine months and will be replaced by another combat unit, which will ensure a persistent, continued, rotation based presence in Europe.
The deployment in Romania develops Romanian-American cooperation in terms of security, ensuring training opportunities that will improve interoperability and will enhance U.S. Army Europe's ability to rapidly respond to potential crises.
The development of the Romanian-American Partnership represents a major objective assumed at national level, both at political and military level. In this context, the rotational presence of the US forces on national territory and in the Black Sea area as well as the support given by the USA for the modernization of the national defence capabilities have an essential role in the current security context of the region.
Unloading the equipment of the US troops (1st Battalion „Fighting Eagles”) equipped with M1 Abrams tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Paladin howitzers at "Mihail Kogalniceanu" Air Base in Constanţa County, as part of the US commitment to ensure the security of the east flank of NATO within the Atlantic Resolve Operation.) - foto Eugen Mihai
Navigate with the buttons down below to explore the gallery!