- Bulgarian Maritime Museum in Varna presents the traditional Annual Exhibition "Many Paths to the Maritime History" 2017
- Photo feature: Bulgarian Minister of Defense visits 61st Land Forces Brigade in Karlovo
- Bulgarian Minister of Defense visits Graf Ignatievo Fighter Airbase
- Photo feature: Bulgarian Navy participates in a ceremony dedicated to national hero and revolutionary Vasil Levski
- Russian Inspection Team visits 24th Krumovo Helicopter Air Base in Bulgaria
- The Equipment of the US Troops Arrive at Novo Selo JTF in Bulgaria (photo feature)
- The Equipment of the US Troops Arrive at "Mihail Kogalniceanu" Air Base in Constanta County
- Newly Appointed Bulgarian Minister of Defense presents his cabinet
- NATO Ships from SNMG2 arrive in Varna, Bulgaria for PASSEX 2017 Exercise (photo feature)
- NATO ships visit Varna for PASSEX Exercise with Bulgarian Navy
On Monday, February 6, US Land Forces deployed in Europe left Poland with heavy equipment, heading to Romania, the "Mihail Kogalniceanu" Air Base in Constanţa County, as part of the US commitment to ensure the security of the east flank of NATO, within the Atlantic Resolve Operation.
The about 500 US troops from the 1st Battalion, „Fighting Eagles” are equipped with M1 Abrams tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Paladin howitzers. They will carry out shooting exercises at the Secondary Center for Combat Training Smârdan and will participate in the multinational exercises planned to take place over the year together with Romanian Land Forces from the 284th Tanks Battalion "Cuza Vodă" and the 300th Mechanized Infantry Battalion "Sfântul Andrei".
The US unit to arrive in Romania is part of the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team that deployed about 3,500 soldiers and 2,800 pieces of equipment from Fort Carson, Colorado to Bremerhaven, Germany, at the beginning of January this year. The unit will be stationed in Romania for about nine months and will be replaced by another combat unit, which will ensure a persistent, continued, rotation based presence in Europe.
The deployment in Romania develops Romanian-American cooperation in terms of security, ensuring training opportunities that will improve interoperability and will enhance U.S. Army Europe's ability to rapidly respond to potential crises.
The development of the Romanian-American Partnership represents a major objective assumed at national level, both at political and military level. In this context, the rotational presence of the US forces on national territory and in the Black Sea area as well as the support given by the USA for the modernization of the national defence capabilities have an essential role in the current security context of the region.
Unloading the equipment of the US troops (1st Battalion „Fighting Eagles”) equipped with M1 Abrams tanks, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Paladin howitzers at "Mihail Kogalniceanu" Air Base in Constanţa County, as part of the US commitment to ensure the security of the east flank of NATO within the Atlantic Resolve Operation.) - foto Eugen Mihai
Navigate with the buttons down below to explore the gallery!