- U.S. Army Soldiers train with Bulgarian Special Forces
- Polish Guided Missiles for T-72 Main Battle Tank?
- Russian surface-to-air missile systems took part in recent U.S. Air Force exercise
- Trump OK’s F-16 sale to Taiwan amid China tensions
- Russian Ural Airlines plane with 234 people on board Crash-Lands in Cornfield
- Lockheed Martin awarded $99M for air-launched cruise missiles for U.S. allies
- Will Iranian F-14 Tomcats Be 's Enemy in Top Gun: Maverick?
- Bulgarian Traffic Police Started an Operation Against Speeding
- U.S. Navy’s newest aircraft carrier AAG system receives green light
- U.S. Air Force finalizes A-10’s fleet life extension project
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence published a BGN5.8 million (USD3.3 million) tender on 29 July for the modernisation of the Bulgarian Air Force's (BuAF's) Bezmer Air Base, 250 km east of Sofia, under the NATO Security Investment Programme (NSIP).
The project involves the construction at Bezmer of facilities for personnel, cargo, ground equipment, parking, and engineering networks for the reception, staging, and onward movement of units on Bulgarian territory.
The deadline for bids is 4 September.
Bezmer is the BuAF's Su-25 base and was already modernized in 2016. Its 3,000 m, 60 m-wide runway can be used by strategic transport aircraft.