- Stronger Together
- Bulgarian Navy AS365N3 Dauphin delivered
- MiG-29 Fighter Crashed in Egypt
- Purchase for five additional F-16s for Romania approved
- Rumen Radev: Protecting the Republic of North Macedonia’s Air Space Is Bulgaria’s National Duty and Responsibility
- Airbus Fired 16 Employees on Suspicion of Espionage of German Military Programs
- Sofia and Washington Will Develop a 10-Year Plan for Co-operation In the Military Sphere
- Joint Statement by President of the United States Trump and Prime Minister Borissov
- PM Borissov Meets US President Donald Trump in Washington
- M Borissov: Bulgaria's National Security Is Guaranteed only within NATO
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence published a BGN5.8 million (USD3.3 million) tender on 29 July for the modernisation of the Bulgarian Air Force's (BuAF's) Bezmer Air Base, 250 km east of Sofia, under the NATO Security Investment Programme (NSIP).
The project involves the construction at Bezmer of facilities for personnel, cargo, ground equipment, parking, and engineering networks for the reception, staging, and onward movement of units on Bulgarian territory.
The deadline for bids is 4 September.
Bezmer is the BuAF's Su-25 base and was already modernized in 2016. Its 3,000 m, 60 m-wide runway can be used by strategic transport aircraft.