- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
- Opticoelectron’s product in service of Bulgarian police and special forces
- Turkish firms associated with the production of F-35, want to move to Bulgaria
- A Tender for UAVs for the Bulgarian army
- Bulgaria: President Rumen Radev's New Year's Address archive
- Washington wanted to learn the Russian secrets and bought 21 MiG-29 fighter jets
- PM Zaev: We Will Solve the Historical Issues with Bulgaria
SOFIA, (BM) – Representatives of eight US businesses visited Bulgaria to conduct over 70 meetings with Bulgarian companies, the Embassy of the United States in Sofia, learned BulgarianMilitary.com, quoting the Embassy of United States statement in social media.
The businessmen took part in a forum on issues related to the defense industry and cybersecurity, organized by the American-Central European Business Association, which included also Bulgarian cabinet ministers.
It became clear that US companies such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Oshkosh Defense, Textron and IBM are interested in joint production of weapons and military equipment with Bulgarian factories and in tendering for new equipment of the Bulgarian Army.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior will seek assistance from US businesses in the field of controlling communications and monitoring the implementation of the 5G network.
Northrop Grumman is interested to sells Bushmaster guns to Bulgaria, and Oshkosh – MRAP armored combat vehicles and light tactical armored vehicles.
Lockheed Martin, of which Bulgaria has already bought 8 F-16 fighter jets, is hoping for a deal for Sikorsky helicopters as well, the company said.
IBM is interested in selling cyber security products. The modernization of the army with new equipment and weapons will continue until at least 2032, it became clear from the statement of the Deputy Minister of Defense Atanas Zapryanov.
A strategic defense review will be completed in April and will list new projects, he explained to the business.