- Karakachanov Will Work For Compulsory Military Service
- BULGARIA CHOOSE SWEDISH GRIPEN!
- More than 1000 paradrops from C-27 and C-130 were performed in "Thracian Spring-2017"
- Hellenic Navy participates in NATO Anti-Submarine Warfare Exercise “DYNAMIC MANTA 17”
- Spring Storm 2017 amphibious operations exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgarian Naval Academy "Vaptzarov" photo feature: Annual Conference of Adm. Boyan Mednikarov, ANSYS seminar and visit to the Naval and Auxiliary Vessels Flotilla
- Bulgaria receives responses in fighter contest - GripenC/D,ex-US AF F-16A/B and second hand Italian Eurofighter are on the table
- Bulgarian Government launches tenders for two new ships
- Photo feature: Trident Jaguar 17 Exercise in Bulgaria and Norway
- "Thracian Spring-2017" in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Defence Ministry has set new technical specifications for its fighter jet tender.
Via the amendments, the purchase of used F-16 fighter jets from Portugal will become the preferred option, stated parliamentary deputies.
BSP’s deputy Atanas Zafirov has asked the Defence Ministry whether the information reported by TV Channel Kanal 3 regarding the fighter jet tender is true.
Kanal 3 broadcast that the amended tender specifications reduce the maximum amount of weighed points allocated depending on the fighter jet’s service life from 25% to 0% of the total.
The new specifications should be approved by the end of the week by the Defence Council. The Council includes the Defence Minister and high-ranking military officers.
Invitations for the tender will be sent to interested parties after the expected approval.