- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
The 2011 "Thracian Spring," an annual Bulgarian-American military exercise, will last from April 27 till May 5, and will be concentrated around the Plovdiv Airport and the Krumovo Air Base.
Units of the Bulgarian Army, Bulgarian Air Force and Bulgarian Navy will partner with detachments from the US forces in Europe.
The American military will take part in the joint drills with two military cargo aircraft C-130 Hercules and up to 150 servicemen.
The Bulgarian forces will be represented by one military transport plane Spartan C-27J, two Cougar AS 532AL helicopters, and up to 600 soldiers.
The 2011 Thracian Spring drills will include night and day training of parachute units, low altitude tactical flights, transportation of troops and equipment, avio-medical evacuation, rescue operations, and providing humanitarian aid supplies to population in disaster zones.
The annual "Thracian Spring" exercise is one of the prominent examples of the extensive Bulgarian-US military cooperation developed in the recent years.