- Statement by Secretary Michael R. Pompeo: Bulgarian Judge Andon Mitalov is Invoved in Significant Corruption
- PM Borissov Replied to Radev: Only 3 Days ago he Said that the Cabinet is Working Fine
- President Radev Attacked the Government which "Acts against the Interests of Bulgarian Citizens"
- Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian to be Banned from Entering the US over Corruption
- After Brexit: Bulgarians Will be Able to Travel to the UK with an ID Card
- Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
On 22 July 1878 twelve battalions of volunteer units who had participated in the war formed the Bulgarian armed forces. Since 6 May 1880 was officially pronounced as the day of the Bulgarian Army, though it has only been marked with a national holiday since 1998.
The Bulgarian Army Day is also known as Saint George’s Day because Army Day honours Saint George, the patron saint of the Bulgarian Armed Forces. The 2019 Army day is expecting a very special guest in the name of Pope Francis. The Pope will arrive on 5 May at Sofia Airport for a three day visit to Bulgaria. The Pope will not be present at the parade itself.
The Bulgarian Army Day Parade 2019 will take place on Monday 6 May in the city centre of Sofia. There will be a military parade on the ground with soldiers, vehicles and tanks but it will also see participation of the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushni Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force). The BVVS plans to perform a flypast at low altitude over the Knyaz Alexander 1 Square in Sofia. The 2019 military parade will be from 10.00 hrs to 11.00 hrs (local time).
The practice flights from the BVVS will take place on 1 May from 09.30hrs till 10.20 hrs, 2 May from 09.50 till 11.00 and from 14.40 till 15.40 and on 3 may from 10.00 till 11.00. Further rehearsels are possible on 3 may from 14.50 till 15.40 and on 4 may from 09.50 till 11.00 and 14.50 till 15.40 (all the aforementioned times are local).
At this moment it is unknown for Scramble how many and what kind of helicopters and aircraft will participate in the flypast. For todays practice flights a Mi-24 took off with three AS532UL Cougars from Plodviv – Krumovo. In 2018, the flypast consisted in a total of fourteen helicopters and aircraft.
Source credit: shared Sofia Globe and Scramble
Photo credit: Nikolay Dimov