- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
Three very important anniversaries will be celebrated at Graf Ignatievo Air Base this year. It has been 20 years since the coming into service of the Bell-206 Helicopter; 30 years since the first MiG-29 fighter arrived at the base and 40 years since the Mi-24 helicopter came into use for the military purposes of the Republic of Bulgaria.
To celebrate these anniversaries the Bulgarian Air Forces have organized an open for all aviation lovers demonstration flights day on 29th June, 2019 (Saturday).
The event will be hosted by Graf Ignatievo Air Base. A rich collection of ground and air vehicles as well as demonstration flights will be presented to the viewers.
The Air Base will open for media and visitors at 10a.m.
In order for the security protocol to be observed no visitors in a state of intoxication or carrying any kind of weapons or large bags will be admitted into the base.
Journalists who have permanent credentials will be admitted into the area denoted for the Media after presenting their personal and professional identification papers.
Foreign journalists as well as media representatives who do not have credentials issued in 2019 will be asked to submit the papers necessary for approval by 31st May, 2019 using the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org