- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
On the basis of Council of Ministers Decision No. 398/10. 07. 2019, today, July 11, 2019, Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov signed international agreements (LOAs) BU-D-SAB, F-16 Block 70 aircraft and associated support International Contract (LOA) BU-P-AAD, Sidewinder AIM 9X Block II Missiles, Associated Material and Services and International Loop Agreement (LOA) BU-P-LAR, Multifunctional Information Sharing System - Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) ( 5) and associated with it Multifunctional Information Distribution System Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) (5) and related support and equipment totaling $ 1,256,153,980 USD.
They negotiate the delivery by the US Government of the Bulgarian Armed Forces of eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft and related equipment and armaments. According to the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria and the order of the Law on the International Treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria, for the entry into force of these treaties, they should be ratified by the National Assembly.
Considering the financial constraints of the Republic of Bulgaria, the State Department of the United States has taken action to reduce the total cost by up to $ 60 million through a request from the US Congress for additional funding to be used in the interest of the Republic of Bulgaria. defense.
The State Department's request is to be considered by the US Congress.