- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
Barbara Barrett was sworn in as the 25th secretary of the Air Force on Friday, two days after the Senate voted to confirm her 85-7.
Barrett, the fourth woman to serve as the Air Force’s top civilian leader, posted a video of her taking her oath of office at the Pentagon on her official Twitter account.
“I’m conscious of the extraordinary privilege of working with the men & women of the @usairforce,” she said in the tweet with her video. “We’ve got a lot to do & I’m ready to get to work!”
Later that afternoon, Chief of Staff Gen. Dave Goldfein welcomed her to the Air Force in a tweet, and shared a photo of the pair walking through the Pentagon.
“The men and women of our Air Force are in capable hands under her leadership — welcome to the team!” Goldfein wrote.
Barrett is an instrument-rated pilot who in 2009 trained at the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center in Star City, Russia, and Kazakhstan, and was certified for space travel. She is also the first civilian woman to land in an F/A-18 Hornet on an aircraft carrier.