- Statement by Secretary Michael R. Pompeo: Bulgarian Judge Andon Mitalov is Invoved in Significant Corruption
- PM Borissov Replied to Radev: Only 3 Days ago he Said that the Cabinet is Working Fine
- President Radev Attacked the Government which "Acts against the Interests of Bulgarian Citizens"
- Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian to be Banned from Entering the US over Corruption
- After Brexit: Bulgarians Will be Able to Travel to the UK with an ID Card
- Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
Vedomosti newspaper reports that the MiG-29 fighter manufactured in Russia crashed in Egypt.
“On Thursday, December 5, in Egypt, one of the MiG-29 fighters, supplied by Russia to the Egyptian Air Force under a commercial contract of 2016, crashed during a training flight,” the publication says.
According to preliminary information, the Egyptian pilot baled out; there is no information about state of his health. Two managers of defense industry enterprises spoke about it to journalists. According to them, the cause of the incident could be “either technical malfunctions in the integrated fighter control system, or incorrect actions of a pilot.”
Interlocutors of Vedomosti noted that the causes of the accident will be learnt by a special commission of the Egyptian Air Force. In the near future, the Russian side will send its specialists to Cairo for assisting in the investigation.
This is the second crash of the MiG-29, which has been supplied for Egypt under an export contract with Russia since 2017.
On November 3, 2018, the MiG-29M fighter crashed in Egypt. The United Aircraft Corporation (Russia) confirmed the fact of the accident and said that technical experts would go to Egypt to help in investigation. The results of the investigation have not been officially reported yet. The representatives of Egypt stated that the fighter could have crashed due to a malfunction in the aircraft control system.
According to some sources, the Russian Federation will supply Egypt with 46 aircraft of this type.