- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
The director of “Air Force Foundation” ,the main organizer of the BIAF air show, major-general (ret.) Manev told “Club KRILE” (“WINGS”) aviation magazine that the famous WW II Me-109 will participate and FLY.
Here are the participants for the BIAF Air show:
- Swiss AF Pilatus PC-7 Team
- Sweden - JAS 39 C/D Gripen static and dynamic display;
- Germany - C-160 Transal (static); Cassidian - EADS 1:1 mock-up of EF2000 and Ме-109 (static and dynamic display); Two EF2000 from Luftwaffe may also participate;
- Italy EF2000 Typhoon II (static display);
- Israel - F-16 static and dynamic display;
Солидно е участието на съседните на България държави:
– Romania IAR 99 SOIM (static display) and C-27J (dynamic display);
– Serbia with private demo team with Galeb G2 ;
– Greece - T6 Texan II (static display);
- Bulgaria - MiG-29, MiG-21, Su-25, AS532AL Cougar, Mi-17, C-27J Spartan, An-2PC-9М and light aviation.
Russia still to confirm participation with MiG-29 OBT.
We do hope that the weather will be with us and we expect a GREAT AVIATION FEAST!