- Bulgaria opts for more F-16Vs
- Thracian Summer 2021 military drill taking place in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria's Dronamics to partner with DHL in same-day cargo drone deliveries
- NATO ships exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgaria: 555th FS F-16s fire munitions during Thracian Star 21
- Thracian Star 21 mission highlight
- Eight F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft arrive in Bulgaria for Thracian Star 21
- US Ambassador Mustafa visited the USS Ross in Varna
- Flight Recorder of Bulgarian MiG-29, which Crashed June 9, Has Been Recovered
- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
U.S. Air Force C-130J Super Hercules aircraft and Airmen assigned to the 37th Airlift Squadron, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany, are participating in bilateral training with the Bulgarian air force during Thracian Fall 2020, a flying training deployment and off-station training event in Plovidv, Bulgaria.
The 57th Rescue Squadron assigned to Aviano Air Base, Italy, and the 435th Contingency Response Squadron assigned to Ramstein Air Base, Germany, will also send Airmen who will support airdrop operations and aerial port operations at landing and drop zones.
During the rotation, U.S. and Bulgarian air forces will conduct training focused on combined air operations while enhancing interoperability.
“Recurring bilateral training events like Thracian Fall are critical to strengthening our relationships with allies and partners," said Gen. Jeff Harrigian, U.S. Air Forces in Europe - Air Forces Africa commander. "The combined training that we’re able to get after increases our collective readiness, and ultimately, presents a united front against any adversary.”
These bilateral training exercises and deployments are designed to enhance partner interoperability, maintain joint readiness, and assure U.S. regional allies.
Together, our nations will continue to strengthen our deterrence efforts and adapt through improving readiness and responsiveness and continue to improve effectiveness and interoperability.