- Final upgraded Bulgarian Air Force Su-25 re-delivered
- Bulgarian Air Force An-30 finally gets major overhaul
- America's greatest pilot Chuck Yeager dies aged 97
- Vienna shooting: Gunman hunted after deadly 'terror' attack
- It’s a wrap: Thracian Viper 2020 in Bulgaria! (Photo and Video)
- First four upgraded Bulgarian Su-25s re-delivered
- Free Vipers for Bulgaria!
- The commander of the USAFE visited Graf Ignatiewo AFB (Bulgaria)
- U.S. F-16s From Aviano AB Have Started Supporting NATO Enhanced Air Policing From Bulgaria
- The multinational live-fly exercise Thracian Viper 2020 ends today
Source: scramble magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a USD 85.5 million contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25 close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th ARP) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
The contract was downgraded from fourteen to eight aircraft (six single seat and two double seat). When the overhaul of the eight aircraft is completed and approved, the Bulgarian Air Force considers if they will send six more aircraft to Belarus for a major overhaul.
The first upgraded Su-25K, serial 246, arrived back at Bezmer air base on 21 September 2020. It was away for overhaul for more than a year. One day later, the second aircraft, Su-25UBK serial 002, was re-delivered. The third Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 253, arrived on 20 october 2020. All three Sukhois are wearing a splendid digital colour scheme. It is expected that all eight aircraft will receive this camouflage pattern.
For the remaining five Sukhoi Su-25s currently on overhaul with the 558th ARP, Scramble Magazine knows that Su-25K 252 is one of them and was delivered . Any information on the other four Su-25s is highly appreciated.