- Bulgaria opts for more F-16Vs
- Thracian Summer 2021 military drill taking place in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria's Dronamics to partner with DHL in same-day cargo drone deliveries
- NATO ships exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgaria: 555th FS F-16s fire munitions during Thracian Star 21
- Thracian Star 21 mission highlight
- Eight F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft arrive in Bulgaria for Thracian Star 21
- US Ambassador Mustafa visited the USS Ross in Varna
- Flight Recorder of Bulgarian MiG-29, which Crashed June 9, Has Been Recovered
- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
Source: Scramble Magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25K and Su-25UBK close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
This contract was downgraded to eight aircraft, six single seat and two duals.
The first upgraded Su-25 was re-delivered on 21 september 2020 and the eight and final Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 254, was re-delivered on 11 February 2021.
All the Su-25s are wearing the splendid digital colour scheme.
Bulgaria Su 25K 3 320
With the re-delivery of the upgraded aircraft now finished, the Bulgarian Air Force will consider to send another six Sukhois, four Su-25K and two Su-25UBK, to Belarus for major overhaul. Overview upgraded and to be upgraded Su-25K/Su-25UBK:
Su-25K: 240, 246, 249, 252, 253 and 254
Su-25UBK: 002 and 095
To be upgraded
Su-25K: 195, 197, 230 and 255
Su-25UBK: 017 and 047