- Bulgaria opts for more F-16Vs
- Thracian Summer 2021 military drill taking place in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria's Dronamics to partner with DHL in same-day cargo drone deliveries
- NATO ships exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgaria: 555th FS F-16s fire munitions during Thracian Star 21
- Thracian Star 21 mission highlight
- Eight F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft arrive in Bulgaria for Thracian Star 21
- US Ambassador Mustafa visited the USS Ross in Varna
- Flight Recorder of Bulgarian MiG-29, which Crashed June 9, Has Been Recovered
- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
Bulgaria: Bulgarian Troops, Frigate to Take Part in NATO's Active Endeavour Operation
Bulgarian servicemen will participate in NATO's Active Endeavour operation in the Mediterranean Sea and the EU's Training Mission (EUTM) in Mali.
This was decided by the Bulgarian cabinet at its regular meeting on Wednesday, the government's press service informs.
The Verni frigate of the Bulgarian navy with its armament and crew numbering up to 153 people will take part in the operation between October 27 and December 5 later this year.
The Active Endeavour operation aims to demonstrate the decisiveness of the NATO member countries to fight terrorism.
The participating forces and vessels are conducting monitoring and control of ships sailing in the Mediterranean Sea to help detect, deter and protect against terrorist activity.
The government also allowed the deployment of up to five servicemen of the Bulgarian armed forces in the EU's military training mission in Mali, which trains and advises the army of Mali. The troops are expected to depart around the end of July.
With its participation, Bulgaria proves its commitment to the joint efforts of the EU to find lasting solution to the crisis in Mali. In this way, Bulgaria will also contribute towards fulfilling the mandate granted by the UN Security Council.
- See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/174925/Bulgarian+Troops%2C+Frigate+to+Take+Part+in+NATO%27s+Active+Endeavour+Operation#sthash.Z3VMa74v.dpuf