- Good News!: One of COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria is Cured
- Bulgaria’s Health Minister temporarily bans non-EU nationals from entering Bulgaria
- The armored vehicle project for Bulgarian Army might be restarte
- Crisis staff: 92 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Bulgaria
- Coronavirus: 26 departures, 28 arriving flights cancelled at Sofia Airport on March 18
- Aviation Museum-Krumovo is closed for the period of the state of emrgency
- Coronavirus: Bulgaria’s Parliament votes one-month State of Emergency
- Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- Coronavirus: International Fair Plovdiv postpones spring exhibitions
- Coronavirus: No new cases in Bulgaria, two firms to make protective clothing
Bulgaria: Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov attended the ritual of taking a military oath by freshmen at the National Military University "V. Levski" in Veliko Turnovo.
"The government has allocated BGN 16 million to repair your buildings," the prime minister said. In his speech, he stressed that this year nearly BGN 4 billion will be spent on defense.
Boyko Borissov, Prime Minister: Expenditures that Bulgarian citizens have collected from their taxes. So you have to prepare, be very good, because you see the events in Syria, Kosovo, we will be good politicians if there is lasting peace. But it is always good to have the Bulgarian Army's deterrent force.
163 freshmen took part in the military oath, studying in 19 military specializations in the three faculties of the ,,Vasil Levski National University'' in the cities of Veliko Turnovo, Dolna Mitropolia and Shumen.
The university has opened a new military specialization - "Artillery Instrumental Intelligence" with civilian specialty "Geodesy".