- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
Bulgaria: Sofia and Washington Will Develop a 10-Year Plan for Co-operation In the Military Sphere novinite.bg
The United States will send a new advisor to the embassy in Sofia in charge of the issues of freedom of speech, rule of law and minorities, the newly appointed US Ambassador Herro Mustafa said. The diplomat honoured the tradition of US ambassadors in Sofia starting their term in office here with a lecture at the Atlantic Club.
In the military sphere, Sofia and Washington will develop a 10-year plan for co-operation, Mustafa said. So far, US companies have invested over $ 2 billion in the Bulgarian economy, creating more than 30,000 jobs, and will be focused on startups in IT and technology in the coming years, BNR reported.
The energy sector is a key topic for the White House, as a major topic in the conversation between President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Boyko Borissov earlier this week was how to make Bulgaria an energy hub in the Balkans, the ambassador explained.