- Statement by Secretary Michael R. Pompeo: Bulgarian Judge Andon Mitalov is Invoved in Significant Corruption
- PM Borissov Replied to Radev: Only 3 Days ago he Said that the Cabinet is Working Fine
- President Radev Attacked the Government which "Acts against the Interests of Bulgarian Citizens"
- Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian to be Banned from Entering the US over Corruption
- After Brexit: Bulgarians Will be Able to Travel to the UK with an ID Card
- Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
Bulgaria: Sofia and Washington Will Develop a 10-Year Plan for Co-operation In the Military Sphere novinite.bg
The United States will send a new advisor to the embassy in Sofia in charge of the issues of freedom of speech, rule of law and minorities, the newly appointed US Ambassador Herro Mustafa said. The diplomat honoured the tradition of US ambassadors in Sofia starting their term in office here with a lecture at the Atlantic Club.
In the military sphere, Sofia and Washington will develop a 10-year plan for co-operation, Mustafa said. So far, US companies have invested over $ 2 billion in the Bulgarian economy, creating more than 30,000 jobs, and will be focused on startups in IT and technology in the coming years, BNR reported.
The energy sector is a key topic for the White House, as a major topic in the conversation between President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Boyko Borissov earlier this week was how to make Bulgaria an energy hub in the Balkans, the ambassador explained.