- URGENT! AN APPEAL FOR HELP
- Tthe Aviation Museum re-opens on 1st of April
- Final upgraded Bulgarian Air Force Su-25 re-delivered
- Bulgarian Air Force An-30 finally gets major overhaul
- America's greatest pilot Chuck Yeager dies aged 97
- Vienna shooting: Gunman hunted after deadly 'terror' attack
- It’s a wrap: Thracian Viper 2020 in Bulgaria! (Photo and Video)
- First four upgraded Bulgarian Su-25s re-delivered
- Free Vipers for Bulgaria!
- The commander of the USAFE visited Graf Ignatiewo AFB (Bulgaria)
– The situation around the other large armored vehicles project, which is worth over BGN 1.45 billion (around $836 million), is far more complicated. Delay can even rearrange a project that is extremely complex and generates many business and political interests, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Pan.bg.
Bulgarian MoD only requested offers from four companies – ARTEC GmbH (Germany), Patria (Finland), NEXTER Group (France) and General Dynamics Land System – MOWAG (Switzerland).
According to the MoD, the French company did not submit a real offer, but demanded direct government negotiations and therefore dropped out of the race.
However, the ministry gave the German ARTEC additional time to submit all the necessary documents and it is likely that it remains in the game.
However, the company’s machines are more expensive than others.
Thus the favorites are Patria (Finland) and the multinational General Dynamics Land System – MOWAG (Switzerland).
The Ministry of Defense is adamant that they hold the terms of the project to be fulfilled. However, according to Mediapool sources, the project to buy new armored vehicles can be “revised” by MPs, as happened with the purchase of new fighters.
The US offer did not meet the price and other criteria set out in the project, but it was quickly passed by Parliament.
In addition, another company, the American The Armored Group (TAG), wants to join the project and submit a bid, but announced its plans later and the MoD did not allow it to participate.
If the project is significantly delayed, it remains possible to completely restart it. According to Mediapool sources, the situation around him remains very tense and his future is unclear.
The MoD wants to buy 150 machines – 90 combat and 60 auxiliaries for BGN 1.46 billion with VAT, the project being delayed seriously due to the long discussions about what the technical requirements are.