- Statement by Secretary Michael R. Pompeo: Bulgarian Judge Andon Mitalov is Invoved in Significant Corruption
- PM Borissov Replied to Radev: Only 3 Days ago he Said that the Cabinet is Working Fine
- President Radev Attacked the Government which "Acts against the Interests of Bulgarian Citizens"
- Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian to be Banned from Entering the US over Corruption
- After Brexit: Bulgarians Will be Able to Travel to the UK with an ID Card
- Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
- TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae
- Strong Earthquake Hit Turkey, it was Felt in Bulgaria as well
- GALLERY - AIR FORCE SCHOOL IN DOLNA MITROPOLIA REOPENS!
- Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
By Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Ford Williams, Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe and Africa/U.S. 6th Fleet Public Affairs
BLACK SEA (NNS) -- Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG
78) began the at-sea portion of exercise Sea Shield 2017, Feb. 8, in the Black Sea.
Sea Shield is an annual, Romania-led multinational exercise in the Black Sea designed to improve interoperability and combat proficiency of participating units.
The U.S. participation in this exercise demonstrates the commitment to deploying leading technology and combat capability in support of allies and partners and collective defense of the Black Sea region.
"We've already strengthened our interoperability through the in-port planning phase of Sea Shield 2017, and Porter in particular is looking forward to the operational phase at sea. Advanced exercises like Sea Shield provide us with an opportunity to work across all warfare areas, ultimately improving our combined readiness and naval capability with our Black Sea allies and partners." - Cmdr. Andria Slough, commanding officer, USS Porter (DDG 78)
The exercise is taking place in the Black Sea, in the vicinity of Constanta, Romania, Feb. 1-10.
Participating units from the U.S. are Porter and one P-8A Poseidon from Patrol Squadron 45, both currently operating in the U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations.
Porter, forward deployed to Rota, Spain, is conducting naval operations in the U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations in support of U.S. national security interests in Europe. The ship deployed from Naval Station Rota Nov. 30, 2016.
U.S. 6th Fleet, headquartered in Naples, Italy, conducts the full spectrum of joint and naval operations, often in concert with allied, joint, and interagency partners in order to advance U.S. national interests and security and stability in Europe and Africa.
Bulgarian Navy frigate Smeli will participate in Sea Shield 2017 exercise
Bulgarian Navy frigate Smeli will participate in the exercise Sea Shield 2017 hosted by Romania. The exercise will be conducted in the western part of the Black Sea, the area of Constantza port and naval base included.
A total of 2,800 military from 8 countries (Bulgaria, Romania, Canada, Greece, Spain, the USA, Turkey and Ukraine) will participate in the Sea Shield 2017
РАЗГЛЕДАЙТЕ ГАЛЕРИЯТА > > >
The frigate Smeli will take part in the exercise in the period 3rd-10th February 2017. The major objective of the exercise will be to improve the operational and tactical compatibility between the navies of NATO member states.
Photos 1, 2 and 3 in the below series show the departure of USS Porter from the Romanian port Constanta.
Photos 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the below series show the departure of Bulgarian Navy frigate Smeli (BGS 11) from Varna for Romanian port Constanta.
Navigate with the buttons down below to explore the gallery!