- Good News!: One of COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria is Cured
- Bulgaria’s Health Minister temporarily bans non-EU nationals from entering Bulgaria
- The armored vehicle project for Bulgarian Army might be restarte
- Crisis staff: 92 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Bulgaria
- Coronavirus: 26 departures, 28 arriving flights cancelled at Sofia Airport on March 18
- Aviation Museum-Krumovo is closed for the period of the state of emrgency
- Coronavirus: Bulgaria’s Parliament votes one-month State of Emergency
- Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- Coronavirus: International Fair Plovdiv postpones spring exhibitions
- Coronavirus: No new cases in Bulgaria, two firms to make protective clothing
Today the Bulgarians mark the anniversary of the hanging (1873) of Vassil Levski.
Vasil Levski, born Vasil Ivanov Kunchev, was a Bulgarian revolutionary and is a national hero of Bulgaria today. Dubbed the Apostle of Freedom, Levski ideologised and strategised a revolutionary movement to liberate Bulgaria from Ottoman rule.
Thousands of people pay tribute to the national hero and lay wreaths and flowers to the monuments dedicated to him all across the country.
A special commemoration ceremony will be held in his birth town, Karlovo. Memorial service and a special programme of the military university will take place In Veliko Turnovo.