- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
Today the Bulgarians mark the anniversary of the hanging (1873) of Vassil Levski.
Vasil Levski, born Vasil Ivanov Kunchev, was a Bulgarian revolutionary and is a national hero of Bulgaria today. Dubbed the Apostle of Freedom, Levski ideologised and strategised a revolutionary movement to liberate Bulgaria from Ottoman rule.
Thousands of people pay tribute to the national hero and lay wreaths and flowers to the monuments dedicated to him all across the country.
A special commemoration ceremony will be held in his birth town, Karlovo. Memorial service and a special programme of the military university will take place In Veliko Turnovo.