- German Defense Minister Commits to Buying F-18s to Replace Tornados
- RSF: Bulgaria again lowest in EU in media freedom ranking
- Wizz Air Canceled Today's Flights between Varna and London
- The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria took a decision to postpone the International Defence Exhibition “Hemus 2020” for late September - early October 2020
- US says Bulgaria can pay in instalments for future military acquisitions
- 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- THE VENETIAN FORTRESS PALAMIDI IN NAFPLIO (PHOTO GALLERY)
- The personnel of the Ministry of Defence and the Bulgarian Army fulfill their duties under conditions of anti-epidemic measures
- THE RED SEMI-SUBMARINE NEMO IN GREEK PORT OF KAVALA!
- NIMH: Snow in Most Parts of the Country
International Fair Plovdiv has postponed its spring exhibitions that were to have been held between March 25 and 29, citing the Bulgarian government’s measures against Covid-19 new coronavirus.
The events affected are Nature, Hunting Fishing; Flower Spring; the European Forum on Social Entrepreneurship; the Italian Hair and Beauty Festival; and the International Cinologic Exhibition.
Ordinarily, each year these events draw more than 30 000 visitors from Bulgaria and abroad and involve close to 300 companies.
Currently, there are six confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Bulgaria – two in Gabrovo, two in Pleven and two in capital city Sofia.
“The Plovdiv International Fair joins the efforts of the leaders in the exhibition industry around the world and the Bulgarian government to curb the spread of the contagion by rescheduling its events to future dates, although serious preventative measures had been planned to ensure the safety of participants,” the fair said in a statement.
The interest among companies and the public in the exhibitions this year was even higher than before, it said. New dates for the events would be announced by March 18, the fair said.