- It’s a wrap: Thracian Viper 2020 in Bulgaria! (Photo and Video)
- First four upgraded Bulgarian Su-25s re-delivered
- Free Vipers for Bulgaria!
- The commander of the USAFE visited Graf Ignatiewo AFB (Bulgaria)
- U.S. F-16s From Aviano AB Have Started Supporting NATO Enhanced Air Policing From Bulgaria
- The multinational live-fly exercise Thracian Viper 2020 ends today
- Bulgaria Hosts Multinational Flying Training Thracian Viper 2020
- NATO Allies Secure The Skies Over the Black Sea
- Инцидент с индонезийски УТС KAI T-50i Golden Eagle
- C-130 aircraft arrive in Bulgaria for Thracian Fall
The US Department of Defence’s Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DCSA) has written to Bulgaria’s Defence Ministry saying that Bulgaria has been included in the list of countries that will be able to pay in instalments for new military acquisitions.
The letter was the result of the US Department of Defence’s Foreign Ministry Sales contracts by which Bulgaria will acquire F-16 fighter jets and other defence products, the Ministry of Defence in Sofia said on April 8.
It should be borne in mind that DSCA will apply the option of deferred payment depending on the duration of the contract and the volume of defence products delivered, the ministry said.
This will allow the Ministry of Defense to implement a flexible financing scheme for the acquisition of defence products and services and reduce the burden on the defence budget in the coming years.
On August 12 2019, Bulgaria’s Ministry of Defence said that it had transferred to the US the entire amount of $ 1.2 billion under international government procurement contracts to acquire eight F-16 Block 70 aircraft and related equipment and armaments.